Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fill-Balance


Auto technician Wayne Rotterman looks under a 2004 Chevy Cavalier at All-Star Automotive in Columbia, Mo., Monday, Nov. 9, 2009. There's a hole in the oil pan and Rotterman says the engine will have to be replaced.

I spent time at the shop while the oil was being changed in my Jeep Wrangler. It seemed like the perfect place to experiment with balancing indoor/outdoor light. I chose the above photo because, while the tire on the left is hot, we see quite a bit outside the garage door and I like Rotterman's expression.


Here's a closer look at Rotterman's face. I like this image because I tried to make the flash mimic the light hanging from the bottom of the vehicle. However, we don't see enough of the outdoors to fill the requirements of this assignment for class.


In the efforts of full disclosure, here's my Jeep, Daisy, as auto technician Charlie Leon changes her oil. I exposed for the outdoors and bounced a flash off the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment