Thursday, November 5, 2009

Color Correction


Laurie Andrews, 25, (left) helps Terri Britt, 5, and Makya Britt, 7, while an unidentified child laughs during craft time at the Blind Boone Community Activity Center in Columbia on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009. Andrews is part of a group from Karis Community Church that volunteers at the center once a month.

I chose to visit the Blind Boone center twice for this assignment. The first time, I made green photos because I misjudged the lighting as being fluorescent, so I set my camera to fluorescent white balance and used a green gel on the flash. I also did not find many moments.

Upon my second visit, I tried a combination of green and orange gels, but I found that setting my camera to tungsten white balance and using an orange gel worked best. The above photo is straight from the camera. No crop. No adjustment in Photoshop.

The below photo is a nice moment, but the flash (connected to the camera body with a cord) did not fire! Ah, the joys of learning to use light.


Ryan Wagner of Karis Community Church (right) colors alongside Chaquan McClain, 6, at the Blind Boone Community Activity Center in Columbia, Mo., Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment